Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hundertwasser-san


I have some rubber stamps from a Japanese office supply store (I have connections). I know, I know, it's not fair, and you are burning with envy. Sorry, that's just how it goes, folks. I was playing around with the stamps and my sketchbook and watching a VHS tape --once more, while the technology still exists-- about the artist Hundertwasser. Years ago I loved his work, especially his wanky architectural ideas, and while I'm still charmed by the work, at the same time it puts me off a bit, it feels like forced fancyful-ness, a stylistic rejection of maturity...like never properly ending your sentences and just letting them trail off into an ellipsical playground...

1 comment:

amy said...

glad you're enjoying the stamps!!
when i saw them i just knew i had to get them...