
My friend J.T. asked if I'd ever tracked the progress of a painting day-by-day (well, painting days, that is). I hadn't. I'm going to try it. Here goes:
The Background
After gesso-ing the canvas: a layer of Cadmium Yellow Medium (whee hah!!)--then VanDyke brown (a nice depressed, wet, cold Low Country color) rubbed in, and then a brushed on cloud covering of dirty white.
These are acrylic paints, so each layer of color dries quickly, as in: go pee, then make a cup of coffee to keep that cycle going, and voilĂ ! It is dry and ready to be screwed up, which I will undoubtedly do next session.
2 comments:
"It is dry and ready to be screwed up, which I will undoubtedly do next session."
Is that a positive message you want to send to the internetians,
It doesn't matter. No one is paying attention.
Post a Comment